|I even saw hail! What a rainstorm!|
Masala Corn recipe:
Corn Cobs (Sweet Corn) - 3, husks and silk removed
Water - for boiling
Salt - a pinch + 1/4 tsn
Lime Wedges - 1 or 2
Paprika or Red Chilli Powder - 1/4th tsn
Chat Masala or Amchur (Dry Mango Powder) - 1/4 tsn
- Boil water in a deep pan with a pinch of salt.
- Add in the corn cobs into the water and let cook for about 20 minutes or until the kernels of the corn are well done.
- Meanwhile, make a mixture of 1/4th tsn salt,red chilli powder and Chat Masala. Set aside. This is the Masala.
- Remove the corn cobs from the water and rub the lime wedges on them (not too much) on all sides.
- Now take a nice pinch-ful of the masala and rub it on all sides of the cob.
- The hot Masala Corns are ready. Dig in!
P.S: Don't add too much red chilli powder as it will make eating the corn a burning experience for you..just like it did for me. Mom put in too much 'heat' and although I was enticed by the delicious cob, I was left panting for water and my lips and tongue burning.
There's nothing more nutritious than boiled corn cobs and nothing more tasty than masala corn on a breezy cold day...or whenever it does shower. This is one dish you can only enjoy by being messy and the only etiquette required here is to wash your hands after this meal.