1st Anniversary and Grilled Chicken

Wow..can't even imagine that I was able to write for a year! And A year has passed by without notice that I actually managed to pull off 88 posts with effortless ease. I have found a great solace in blogging and all the writing and thinking and creativity has managed to keep me off my 'idea-hogged' mind. Talking about creativity, its not the writing but the photography that kept me on my feet. Although my family was getting tired of my initial tries to get good shots of the food I would prepare for them, even to the extent of the lunch or dinner getting cold in the meanwhile, they have learnt that though the mealtime would have to wait an additional 20 minutes, I wouldn't change the habit of poking around with my camera.

So, March being the month of my 'Bloggeversary', I commemorate it by sharing with you a Grilled Chicken recipe I have improvised to suit my seasoned taste buds..It is easy to prepare and very healthy. I made it along with some rotis and a special chicken curry.

Grilled Chicken Recipe:



Ingredients:
Chicken Breasts - 2, Boneless
Thick Curd - 3 tbsn
Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsn
Ginger-garlic paste - 1/2 tsn
Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsn
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsn
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsn
Lemon Juice - 2 tbsn (not lime juice, but you can substitute with 1/2 tsn lime juice)
Salt - to taste
Chicken Masala - 1/2 tsn
Oil - 2 tsn
Coriander leaves - chopped finely, for garnishing
Lemon wedges - for garnishing
Onion - 1, small, chopped into thin ringlets.

Method:

  • Wash the Chicken breasts well with water, make small superficial diagonal slits on the chicken breasts.
  • In a bowl, mix curd, lemon juice, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, Chicken masala and ginger-garlic paste. Add in the Chicken and mix well. Let it marinade for 1/2 hour.
  • Preheat the grill on med-high for a minute and grill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side placed on a high rack. Make sure the chicken is well cooked and obtains a mildly - roasted surface.
  • Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with lemon wedges and onion rings on the side.
Note: Check the settings of your oven and grill accordingly. If making in a grill-pan, then grill on medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Chicken breasts are the most tender part of the bird and require lesser time to cook, so keep a watch. You can also substitute the lemon juice with Mousambi (Sweet Lime) juice which gives a mildly sweet and sour flavour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Conclusion:

This succulent grilled dish is not only healthy but also a party for your taste buds. If you feel like eating kebabs, but are trying to keep a watch on your oil intake, grilled chicken is the best choice for you. The sourness of the lime and curd is complimented by the heat of the chilli powder and the chicken masala which do not overwhelm. Whoever said healthy food has to be a bland affair!

1 comment:

  1. Omg..it looks yummy...beautiful click...

    ReplyDelete

Please comment and share...support blogging. Its a great read! :)