Okay, enough about that and onto my recipe. Dad bought this sandwich maker form U.P and I thought of trying it once. Its a bit cracked on the side coz of those pesky people at the airport who didn't handle it well during transportation but it works just fine.
'Potato Cheese Sandwich with a twist' recipe
Bread slices - 8-10
Butter - For toasting
Salt - to taste
Potato - 2 Large nos, Boiled and peeled
Onion - 1 no, finely chopped
Fresh coriander leaves - garnishing
Red Chilli Powder - 1/2 tsn
Cumin Powder - 1 tsn
Tomato ketchup (I used Heinz for the authentic tomato flavour)
Cheese Slices - 4-5 pc
Oil: 2 tsn
For seasoning: Chilli flakes, Dried oregano and dried Basil.
- Dice the boiled potatoes finely or grate them. Set aside.
- Heal oil in a pan, and fry the onions till golden brown/ translucent.
- Add the grated/chopped potatoes to the onions and fry for a minute. Keep stirring to prevent sticking.
- Add the red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Mix well.
- Apply butter on one side on one side of the bread slice and place it buttered side down in the sandwich maker. On the non-buttered side, (Here is the twist---->)apply a tbsn of ketchup, sprinkle the chilli flakes, dried oregano and basil according to taste.
- Put a lump-full (2 - 3 tbsn) of the fried potato mixture on top of the seasoned ketchup and then place a cheese slice on top. Cover with another slice of bread and apply butter on top of it.
- Close the sandwich maker lid and on it. Let it toast for a minute or two and remove. Its ready to be served!
I tell you, this sandwich is so filling that after just 2 sandwiches, I couldn't go any further. Happy cooking!