Brownie fever!


Oh Joy..I love this cake! Its the easiest piece of cooking and what a wonderfully satisfying dessert it truly is! Brownies are something I crave and I don't think I'll ever get sick of them..! (Can Anyone, really?) Anyway, I have been practising and practising for the whole week to perfect (or at least, come close to it) the art of baking desserts and one of my early-on successes is this piece of joy.. The recipe I borrowed from
Joy of Baking

I used this recipe and it made a brownie worth 500g precisely.

Here's the recipe:


5 ounces (150 grams) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chopped
1/2 cup (1 stick) (113 grams) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 tablespoons (15 grams) cocoa powder
1 cup (200 grams) granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
3/4 cup (95 grams) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup (125 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips(optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) and place the rack in the center of the oven. Butter (or spray with a nonstick cooking spray) an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment or wax paper.
Melt the chocolate and butter in a large stainless steel bowl placed over a saucepan of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar . Next, whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Finally, stir in the flour, salt and chocolate chips (if using).
Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out witha little batter and a few moist clumps clinging to it. Do not over bake. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack. Serve at room temperature or chilled. These freeze very well.
Makes 16 brownies.
  But I was a bit stingy and cut 'em to twice the size giving me 32 brownies in all. They were so good that half the lot got over within 20 minutes of baking it! And I had to keep the family from grabbing the rest coz I was saving them up for the next day's trials - cake pops. Here are a few pics----->






Fi and I were so amazed that we couldn't believe that the cake was coming out so good!..so we kept poking the cake in the oven all over to check if it was coming out with the right consistency..And thus, our cake looks  like an earthquake hit-disaster area.










Here..wanna bite?
Just to show you the rich texture of this delicious piece of brownie..


4 comments:

  1. Please send brownies-now! Nothing but tasty chocolatey goodness-who would not want these. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tina..Thanks, Tina..u always put a smile on my face :) I would love to share them with u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL :D... I love this! should try this too! will certainly bake this!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try and let me know how they turned out, Bharathy..with your amazing cam,I bet they will also look as delicious as they taste!

      Delete

Please comment and share...support blogging. Its a great read! :)